Experienced Hair Stylist
Love helping others look amazing through killer hair cuts and styles? Have an eye for detail? Want to master your craft? We're looking for you!
Avenue Hair Salon is looking for talented and experienced hair stylists that will provide quality hair services for our valued guests – hair cuts, color, perms, styles, etc. We're seeking for someone who has an awareness of the importance of intention in their work on a daily basis. This team member also believe learning never ends and is committed to continuing advanced education, both as provided by us and self-study. That also means being willing to perform most, if not all, of the services we offer and commits to keeping updated on each one with consistency and integrity.
Core Job Expectations & Duties
- Providing professional, quality hair treatments and services for salon guests;
- Willingness to perform various hair services we offer;
- Commitment to learning how to perform each service we offer with consistency;
- Commitment to incorporate retail sales into services;
- Maintaining an extensive knowledge of products (training is available for applicants with no previous experience with our product lineup);
- Participating in regularly scheduled salon meetings and cross-training opportunities;
- Other duties as assigned and/or required.
Responsibilities & Other Information
- Reports to salon manager and/or owner;
- Interacts primarily with guests, involving the utmost in professionalism, ethics and confidentiality;
- Interacts with other team members and management, involving the utmost in professionalism and teamwork.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited cosmetology program;
- Certification: Must have a current license in the state of Oregon for Hair Design and Barbering;
- Experience: Two years previous experience as a hair stylist;
- Excellent client service, communication, and organization skills;
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays;
- Established clientele is a big plus.
Back to All Careers